The London office (LO) is the overseas branch of the forestry commission of Ghana (FC). As part our mandate, we are strategically located in London to promote and market forest and wildlife products from Ghana’s forests as well as embark on intensive promotional drive on eco- tourism and other investment opportunities in Ghana. In addition, we provide customer and consultancy services on behalf of the FC/ Government of Ghana policies on issues pertaining to forest governance, environmental and climate change issues.
- Developing strategies to improve the image of the Ghana forestry sector through effective relationship with the media, trade associations and international organizations.
- Develop and promote Eco- tourism for Ghana internationally.
- Effectively disseminate contemporary market information to stakeholders in the Ghana wood processing sector.
- Liaise with specialized research institutions for the development, promotion and marketing of Lesser Used Timber (LUT) species.
- Development and production of promotion materials for important tourism parks in Ghana as well as in the entire forestry sector including the wood processing industry.
- Assist in the implementation of marketing strategies for the Wildlife Division of the Forestry Commission.
- Design strategies to promote investment opportunities in commercial plantation development and development of Eco- Parks in Ghana.
- Promote the forestry Commission’s Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Voluntary partnership (VPA) protocols and its implementation.
- Liaise with the TIDD to undertake claims inspection and advise the Executive Director of the TIDD on settlement procedure.
- Develop trade exhibitions, trade and investment opportunities fairs and technical conference.
- Represent the Chief Executive and the Forestry Commission in all matters relating to FC and the sector ministry overseas.
THE MANAGER/ HEAD (FC LONDON OFFICE)
Ghana Forestry Commission
Unit 4, Granard Business Center
Bunns Lane, Mill Hill, London
NW 72DZ, UK